100% of the trip cost
Trip Cancellation provides reimbursement for prepaid and non-refundable trip payments if a trip is canceled due to unforeseen circumstances, including illness, injury, or death.
We will reimburse You, up to the amount shown on the Schedule of Benefits, for Trip Cancellation Covered Expenses, if You are prevented from taking Your Covered Trip due to any of the Unforeseen Events listed below. The Event must occur before You depart on Your Covered Trip and while Your coverage is in effect under this Policy.
Trip Cancellation Covered Expenses
a. Forfeited, Prepaid, non-refundable, and non-refunded published Payments or Deposits that You paid for Your unused Trip. Should You elect to reschedule Your Trip instead of cancelling, in lieu of covering these expenses We will pay for Change Fees charged by Your Travel Supplier;
b. Fees incurred by You to reinstate any of the following used to pay for any part of Your Trip: traveler awards, frequent flyer miles or Hotel/Motel rewards;
c. Airfare cancellation charges for flights in connection with Your Trip.
Special Conditions: You must advise the Travel Supplier and Us as soon as reasonably possible in the event of a claim. We will not pay benefits for any additional charges incurred that would not have been charged had You notified the Travel Supplier and Us as soon as reasonably possible.
The following are the Unforeseen Events for Trip Cancellation:
Health and Family
1. Any Injury or Sickness:
Suffered by You, Your Traveling Companion or Your or Your Traveling Companion’s Immediate Family Member, that is so disabling as to cause a reasonable person to cancel the Covered Trip;
2. An Accidental Injury suffered by You that causes You to be medically unable to continue Your Covered Trip’s activity(ies). An actual examination by a Physician must take place and the Physician must advise You to discontinue the Trip’s activity(ies).
3. Your Death or the Death of Your Traveling Companion or Your Immediate Family Member.
Transportation and Accommodation
4. A road closure causing a delay in reaching Your Destination for at least 24 hours.
5. Strike that causes complete cessation of travel services of Your Common Carrier for at least 48 consecutive hours.
6. Bankruptcy and/or Default of Your Travel Supplier that occurs more than 14 days following the Effective Date. Coverage is not provided for the Bankruptcy or Default of the agency from whom You purchased Your Land/Sea Arrangements. Your Scheduled Departure Date must be no more than 12 months beyond the Effective Date. Benefits will be paid due to Bankruptcy or Default of an airline only if no alternate transportation is available. If alternate transportation is available, benefits will be limited to the change fee charged to allow You to transfer to another airline in order to get to Your intended Destination. This coverage only applies if the Policy was purchased within 14 calendar days of the Initial Trip Payment.
7. Inclement Weather, Natural Disasters, Terrorist Incident or the Common Carrier’s mechanical breakdown that results in the complete cessation of travel services at the point of departure or Destination for at least 24 consecutive hours.
8. Mandatory evacuation ordered by local authorities at Your Destination due to a Natural Disaster. You must have 50% or less of Your Covered Trip remaining at the time the mandatory evacuation ends, in order for this benefit to be payable.
9. Natural Disaster or documented man-made disaster at the point of departure or Your Destination that renders Your Primary Residence or the accommodations at Your Destination Uninhabitable.
10. Adverse weather or Natural Disaster resulting in the obstruction of public roadways or curtailment of public transportation, that prevents Your ability to arrive at Your Destination.
11. You and/or Your Traveling Companion are required to serve on a jury, subpoenaed, required to appear as a witness in a legal action, provided You or Your Traveling Companion are not a party to the legal action or appearing as a law enforcement officer.
Personal Safety and Security
12. A politically motivated Terrorist Incident that occurs within 30 days of Your departure and within 25 miles of a City listed on Your itinerary. The Terrorist Incident must occur on or after the Effective Date of Your Trip Cancellation Coverage.
13. A documented theft of passports or visas. Documented means that You have reported the theft to the local authorities.
14. You or Your Traveling Companion being directly involved in or delayed due to a traffic Accident substantiated by a police report, while en route to departure.
15. You and/or Your Traveling Companion are hijacked.
16. You and/or Your Traveling Companion are Quarantined.