$500 per person
$100 daily limit
Covered after 8 hour delay
Baggage Delay provides reimbursement for the purchase of clothing, toiletries, and other essential items if a traveler’s luggage is delayed for a specified period of time.
We will pay You for the expense of replacing Necessary Personal Effects, up to the maximum shown on the Schedule of Benefits, if Your Checked Baggage is delayed or misdirected by a Common Carrier for more than the number of hours shown on the Schedule of Benefits, while on a Covered Trip, except for return travel to Your Primary Residence.
This coverage is conditioned on You being a ticketed passenger on a Common Carrier. All claims must be verified by the Common Carrier who must certify the delay or misdirection. Receipts for the purchase or replacement of Necessary Personal Effects must accompany any claim.
Baggage Delay Proof of Loss
You must provide Us or Our Administrator with the following:
a. An incident report filed with the Common Carrier confirming the delay;
b. Receipts for the expenses being claimed. If receipts are unavailable, other sufficient documentation such as a credit card statement;
c. Documentation showing any received or expected settlements, refunds or credits for this Loss from any other party;
d. You must provide documentation of the delay or misdirection of Baggage by the Common Carrier.
In addition to the General Limitations and Exclusions, the following exclusions apply to the Baggage Delay Benefit.
We will not provide benefits for any loss or damage to:
2. Automobiles and automobile equipment;
3. Boats or other vehicles or conveyances;
8. Bicycles (except when checked as Baggage with a Common Carrier);
9. Eyeglasses, sunglasses or contact lenses;
10. Artificial teeth and dental bridges;
11. Hearing aids;
12. Prosthetic limbs;
13. Keys, money, stamps, securities and documents;
14. Tickets for entertainment events or other source of leisure activities;
15. Art objects and musical instruments;
16. Consumables including medicines, perfumes, cosmetics, and perishables;
17. Professional or occupational equipment or property, whether or not electronic Business Equipment;
18. Sportsman’s Equipment;
19. Cellphones, computer and computer hardware or software; electronic computer devices; or
20. Property illegally acquired, kept, stored or transported.
No benefits will be paid for any loss for, caused by, or resulting from:
1. Wear and tear or gradual deterioration;
2. Breakage of brittle or fragile articles;
3. Insects or vermin;
4. Inherent vice or damage while the article is actually being worked upon or processed;
5. Confiscation or expropriation by order of any government;
6. Radioactive contamination;
7. War or any act of war whether declared or not;
8. Property shipped as freight or shipped prior to the Scheduled Departure Date.
9. Delay or loss of market value;
10. Indirect or consequential loss or damage of any kind;
11. Theft or pilferage while left unattended in any vehicle if the vehicle is not property secured;
12. Electrical current including electric arcing that damages or destroys electrical devices or appliances; or
13. Mysterious disappearance.