$2,500 per person
$250 per item
$1,250 specific items limit
Baggage and Personal Items Loss provides reimbursement for lost, stolen, or damaged luggage.
We will pay You up to the maximum shown on the Schedule of Benefits for Loss, theft or damage to Baggage and personal effects, provided that You, Your Traveling Companion or Your Immediate Family Member has taken all reasonable measures to protect, save and/or recover the property at all times. The Baggage and personal effects must be owned by and accompany You during the Covered Trip. Original receipts and a police report from the local jurisdiction (in the event of theft) must be provided for reimbursement. You have checked Your Baggage with a Common Carrier and delivery is delayed, coverage for Baggage will be extended until the Common Carrier delivers the property.
There is a per article limit shown on the Schedule of Benefits. There is a combined maximum limit shown on the Schedule of Benefits for the following: jewelry, watches, articles consisting in whole or in part of silver, gold or platinum; furs, articles trimmed with or made mostly of fur, sports equipment, radios, cameras, camcorders and their accessories and related equipment and other electronic items.
We will pay You for fees associated with the replacement of Your passport during Your Covered Trip. Receipts are required for reimbursement. We will also reimburse You for charges and interest incurred due to unauthorized use of Your credit cards if such use occurs during Your Trip and provided that You have complied with all credit card conditions imposed by the credit card companies. We will pay the lesser of the following:
a. Actual Cash Value, as determined by Us, at time of Loss, theft or damage to Baggage and personal effects; or
b. the cost of repair or replacement.
In addition to the General Limitations and Exclusions, the following exclusions apply to the Baggage/Personal Effects Benefit.
We will not provide benefits for any Loss or damage to:
2. automobiles and automobile equipment;
3. boats or other vehicles or conveyances;
8. bicycles (except when checked as Baggage with a Common Carrier);
9. eyeglasses, sunglasses or contact lenses;
10. artificial teeth and dental bridges;
11. hearing aids;
12. prosthetic limbs;
13. keys, money, stamps, securities and documents;
14. tickets for entertainment events or other source of leisure activities;
15. art objects and musical instruments;
16. consumables including medicines, perfumes, cosmetics, and perishables;
17. professional or occupational equipment or property, whether or not electronic, Business Equipment;
18. cellphones, computer and computer hardware or software; electronic computer devices; or
19. property illegally acquired, kept, stored or transported.
Any Loss caused by or resulting from the following is excluded:
1. wear and tear or gradual deterioration;
2. breakage of brittle or fragile articles;
3. insects or vermin;
4. inherent vice or damage while the article is actually being worked upon or processed;
5. confiscation or expropriation by order of any government;
6. radioactive contamination;
7. war or any act of war whether declared or not;
8. property shipped as freight or shipped prior to the Scheduled Departure Date.
9. delay or loss of market value;
10. indirect or consequential loss or damage of any kind;
11. theft or pilferage while left unattended in any vehicle if the vehicle is not property secured;
12. electrical current including electric arcing that damages or destroys electrical devices or appliances; or
13. mysterious disappearance.