100% of the trip cost
Trip Cancellation provides reimbursement for prepaid and non-refundable trip payments if a trip is canceled due to unforeseen circumstances, including illness, injury, or death.
TRIP CANCELLATION AND INTERRUPTION
Benefit will be provided for loss(es) incurred by You for a covered Trip cancelled up to the date and time of departure or interrupted or delayed after the time and date of departure. A maximum benefit of up to the amount indicated in the Schedule of Benefits to cover certain expenses as listed below which result in the cancellation or interruption of Your Trip due to any of the following Unforeseen events:
Medical / Health
a) Any serious Injury, death, or Sickness;
(1) Occurring to You or a Traveling Companion, a Family Member traveling with You, that is so disabling as to cause a reasonable person to cancel or interrupt their Trip or which results in medically imposed restrictions as certified by a Physician at the time of Loss preventing your continued participation in the Trip;
(2) Occurring to a Family Member not traveling with You that is considered life-threatening, as certified by a Physician or they require Your immediate care. Such disability must be so disabling as to reasonably cause a Trip to be canceled or interrupted and must be certified by a Physician;
(3) Occurring to a Business Partner that is so disabling as to cause a reasonable person to cancel or interrupt their Trip to assume daily management of the business. Such disability must be certified by a Physician;
(4) Sickness, Injury, death or hospitalization occurring to Your Host at Your Destination. A Physician must certify the Sickness or Injury;
Transportation and Accommodation
a) Financial Default of an airline, Cruise line, Common Carrier or tour operator provided that:
(1) The insurance was purchased within 15 days of Initial Trip Payment; and
(2) Financial Default occurs more than 14 days following an Insured’s effective date for the Trip Cancellation or Trip Interruption Benefits.
The Company will not cover Losses resulting from a Financial Default of any person, organization, agency, or firm that solicited Your travel arrangements to you.
b) You or a Traveling Companion are directly involved in or delayed due to a traffic accident, while en route to the Insured’s Destination. Traffic accident must be substantiated by a police report;
c) mechanical/equipment failure of a Common Carrier that occurs on a scheduled Trip Departure Date and causes complete cessation of Your travel and results in a Loss of 50% of Your Trip length;
d) Strike resulting in complete interruption of travel services at the point of departure or Destination;
a) Inclement Weather, if it causes delay or cancellation of travel;
b) You or a Traveling Companion’s Primary Residence being made Uninhabitable or Inaccessible by Natural Disaster, vandalism, or burglary;
c) You or a Traveling Companion’s Destination being made Uninhabitable or Inaccessible by flood, tornado, earthquake, volcanic eruption, fire, wildfire, or blizzard that is due to natural causes;
d) a named hurricane causing cancellation or interruption of travel to Your Destination that is Inaccessible or Uninhabitable. Claims are not payable if a hurricane is foreseeable prior to Your effective date. A hurricane is foreseeable on the date it becomes a named storm. The Company will only pay the benefits for Losses occurring within 14 days after the named hurricane makes Your Destination Uninhabitable or Inaccessible.
Political / Violence
a) You or a Traveling Companion are hijacked, quarantined, subpoenaed, or required to serve on a jury;
b) You or a Traveling Companion is called to active military service or military leave is revoked or reassigned;
c) a Terrorist Incident in a City listed on Your itinerary within 30 days of Your scheduled arrival. This coverage applies only if this plan was purchased with 15 days of Initial Trip Payment;
d) You or a Traveling Companion being the victim of a Felonious Assault within 10 days prior to the Departure Date. No coverage is provided for Felonious Assault committed by a Traveling Companion or Traveling Companion’s Family Member;
a) You or a Traveling Companion is involuntarily terminated or laid off through no fault of his or her own, provided that he or she has been an active employee for the same employer for at least 1 continuous year. Termination must occur following the effective date of coverage. This provision is not applicable to temporary employment, seasonal employment, independent contractors or self-employed persons;
b) Cancel for Work Reasons coverage will be included for these additional Unforeseen events:
1) You or Traveling Companion is required to work during his/her scheduled Trip. He/she must provide proof of requirement to work, such as a notarized statement signed by an officer of his/her employer. In the situation of self-employment, proof of self-employment and a notarized statement confirming that the Insured is unable to travel due to his or her job obligations will be required.
2) You or Traveling Companion is directly involved in a merger, acquisition, government required product recall, or bankruptcy proceedings and must be currently employed by the company that is involved in said event;
3) Your or Traveling Companion’s company is deemed to be unsuitable for business due to burglary, or Natural Disaster and the Insured or Traveling Companion is directly involved as a Key Employee of the disaster recovery team.
This coverage applies only if insurance was purchased within 15 days of Initial Trip Payment.
a) cancellation of a scheduled event due to Inclement Weather prior to departing on the Trip provided attendance at the event was the sole reason for the Trip and the duration of the Trip does not exceed 48 hours before or after such an event;
b) You are unable to participate in a scheduled hunting/fishing expedition due to a delay of the necessary personal sporting equipment by the Common Carrier;
c) the United States government or local government issues a hunting/fishing activity restriction after the effective date of coverage at the Destination, which prohibits the hunting/fishing activity for which the Insured has booked the Trip. Such restrictions include but are not limited to: a government closure of the reserve, a ban on hunting/fishing, or the hunting/fishing activity being declared illegal.
SPECIAL NOTIFICATION OF CLAIM
You must notify The Travel Insurance Administrator within 72 hours or as soon as reasonably possible in the event of a Trip Cancellation or Interruption claim.
The Company will not be liable and will not pay for any additional penalty charges incurred that would not have been imposed had You notified the travel supplier within the specified period. If You are unable to provide cancellation notice within the required timeframe, You must provide proof of the circumstance that prevented timely notification.
Trip Cancellation Benefits: The Company will reimburse You for Forfeited, pre- paid Trip Costs up to the Maximum Limit shown in the Schedule for Trips that are canceled prior to the scheduled Departure due to any of the Unforeseen events shown above.
SINGLE OCCUPANCY BENEFIT
The Company will reimburse You, up to the Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption Maximum Limit shown in the Schedule, for the additional cost incurred during the Trip as a result of a change in the per person occupancy rate for prepaid, non-refundable travel arrangements if a person booked to share accommodations with You has his/her Trip canceled or interrupted due to any of the Unforeseen events shown in the Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption section and You do not cancel.